PALS Africa is a multi-species poultry and livestock event comprising Poultry, Piggery, fishery, feed milling and other Agro allied industries. It is a unique platform to connect with lots of industry players, government and developmental agencies.

The Planning committee envisions a platform that would facilitate networking as well as create business opportunities for participants, exhibitors and sponsors alike not only through an interactive exhibition but also a vibrant program of social events. Sponsors and exhibitors will receive acknowledgement prior to, during and after the Expo through materials and our website, and enjoy significant contact with attendees and industry players during the exhibition and social events.

PALS is the acronym for poultry, aquaculture and livestock show. This a local initiative borne out of a quest to provide a platform where indigenous industry players can share experiences, knowledge, goods and services, first and foremost with international companies in their respective sectors as well as interact amongst themselves.
The visionary behind PALSAFRICA who felt duty bound to initiate a homegrown initiative that would address the inherent challenges of the Animal sector as well as create a platform for cross fertilization of ideas is Mr. John Edusei, the Managing director of Chicks & Chicken Ltd. He quickly put together a planning committee comprising of able individuals to carry out the vision. The uniqueness of PALSAFRICA from previous similar events is that while previous events were the initiative of foreigners inviting local players and international firms, this time around it is vice versa- Ghanaians setting a platform and inviting both international and local players to network.
Our vision is to develop a poultry, aquaculture and livestock show of international standards and reputation, by Ghanaians for Africa with the whole world.

Cardinal Objectives
The cardinal objectives are:
1. To create a platform for industry players and development partners to participate in the process of growth to move the industry forward.
2. Afford investors the opportunity to invest in areas where government alone cannot afford in the immediate future in win-win collaboration.
3. Have discussions that will lead to a reduction in the importation of products like frozen chicken, milk, day old chicks and other products which can be produced locally with Ghanaian partners. This will help strengthen the Ghanaian economy.
4. Offer Ghanaians the opportunity to do business with foreign partners locally, without having to travel abroad.
5. Offer international suppliers the opportunity to sell to the Ghanaian farmer products that cannot be manufactured locally but needed in commercial quantities to grow the poultry, aquaculture and livestock industry; and also to consider possible partnerships for manufacturing in Ghana.

Seminars would be held from 30th Oct- 1st Nov, 2017.
The PalsAfrica 2017 show is the second event and it’s slated for the 2nd and 3rd November 2017 at Golden Tulip Hotel in Kumasi.

Benefits/Anticipated Outcomes
The poultry and livestock industry contributes significantly (20%) to Ghana’s agricultural production and GDP. Nonetheless, there is still a lot of investments required to modernize and increase production levels. Today, the per capita intake of eggs in Ghana is under twenty (20) eggs whiles the per capita intake of meat is about eight (8) kg per annum. This figures fall below World Health Organization (WHO) minimum standards. Ghana imports about 250,000MT of frozen chicken per year and over 50,000MT of bovine meat. The imports bill for chicken meat is about $250million per year. Ghana’s domestic supply of broiler meat represents just about 10% of its requirements while the remaining 90% is imported. If Ghana is to produce this quantum of broiler meat locally, it will be producing about 4.5 million broiler chickens per week.
The potential positive effects of a domestic broiler production drive are substantial in terms of the opportunities it offers in the following aspects;
1. Inputs supply-for example drugs, feed et cetera
2. Production equipment supply
3. Processing and packaging machines supply
4. Storage and distribution, logistics supply